Jim Svagerko, MA PCC, is highly experienced in developing and delivering physician leadership programs. He is a certified coach and has almost 30 years working within the Healthcare industry, first as a clinician and then as a teacher and coach. He has worked with many levels of healthcare associates, including informal leaders, front line managers, physicians, and executive leadership. Also, Jim has coached in a variety of settings, including legal, manufacturing, and sales.
As a coach, Jim has operated in various ways to meet the needs of each leader. He utilizes many techniques, such as one-on-one coaching, group coaching, and mentoring. He believes that individuals must evaluate themselves first, examine their current behaviors, and then discuss ways of integrating the knowledge they have received into their daily routines. Jim’s unique perspective of assimilating learning with self-development, allows the leader to fully integrate with the information and discover their personal meaning. He guides the person to a full awareness of self, before moving the individual to the new thought process.
Jim has also designed, developed and delivered custom leadership academies for different audiences, from programs for the “informal leader” to the C-suite executive. Jim designed and implemented multiple leadership academies, including a Physician Leadership Academy. Jim combines multiple coaching approaches, proven leadership theory and practice, and innovative course design to achieve outstanding results.
Specialized Areas of Expertise:
- Leadership Assessment and Development
- Executive Coaching
- Project Management
- Performance Management
- Employee Engagement
- Relationship Building
- Change Management
- Team Building
- Succession Planning
- Strategic Development
Related Professional Accomplishments:
- Jim brings almost 30 years of experience as a practicing Speech-Language Pathologist, Audiologist, executive leadership coach, and educator. From his roots as a clinician, he brings forth a caring and temperate approach to coaching, while establishing plans with the leader for measured results.
- He is currently Adjunct Faculty at Georgetown University, Ohio University, and Franklin University teaching many aspects of Coaching and Leadership.
- He developed Physician Leadership Academies for multiple health systems throughout the country and for all levels of leadership, including informal through executive, including Transformational Leader, Manager as Leader, Executive Leader.
- He works with many levels of organizations from entrepreneurs, CEOs/C-Suite executives, executives focusing on developing plans for leader transformation.
- He has coached at the Vice President, Chair and Directors level at the University of Virginia to enhance leadership effectiveness.
- He has conducted targeted coaching for C-suite, Directors and front-line managers for multiple hospital organizations.
- He has also conducted team coaching across multiple for-profit and non-profit organizations. Targeted areas included conflict, communications, and team effectiveness.
- He utilizes group coaching for like-level individuals for the development of personal skills and peer coaching.
- He has introduced coaching as part of the onboarding process, talent management/succession planning, and executive coaching.
- Jim works with many different organizations/industries, including healthcare, manufacturing, legal organizations, research, and lobbying organizations.
- He works with new and upcoming organizations to build vision and strategy implementation.
Education, Training, and Certifications:
- Graduate of the Georgetown University Executive Leadership Coaching Program.
- Master’s Degree in Communications from The Ohio State University, and his Bachelor’s Degree in Speech and Hearing Sciences from The Ohio State University.
- Certified in a variety of Leadership Assessments such as 360 Leadership Circle Profile, DiSC, MSCEIT, EQ-I, Predictive Index, and other leadership assessments.
- Currently holds the Professional Certified Coach (PCC) distinction from the International Coach Federation (ICF).