Maureen Metcalf, Founder and CEO, is a highly sought-after expert in anticipating and leveraging future business trends to transform organizations. She has captured 30 years of experience in an award-winning series of books used by public, private and academic organizations to align company-wide strategy, systems and culture using Innovative Leadership techniques. As a preeminent change agent, Maureen has set strategic direction, then transformed client organizations, delivering significant results including increased leadership effectiveness that drives improved profitability, organizational resilience, leadership team alignment, organizational alignment, quality, community impact, employee engagement and long-term sustainability.
Maureen shares her hard-won insights through public speaking, industry publications, interviews, and video presentations. She is a regular contributor to Forbes.com, host of the top international radio show, Innovating Leadership, Co-creating Our Future, and author of the award-winning Innovative Leadership series of books.
The International Leadership Association named Maureen a Fellow in recognition of her contributions to the field of leadership. In addition to other board roles, she is on the advisory board of Franklin University’s Mason Leadership Center, where she has been formally recognized for her contribution, and is an Executive Committee member of the James Madison University School of Strategic Leadership advisory board.
Before founding ILI, Maureen held transformation consulting roles with PricewaterhouseCoopers and Accenture. She earned her MBA in Finance at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and holds a BS in Economics from James Madison University.
- Joined the board of a university in receivership to facilitate its sale in order to avoid bankruptcy and ensure students could complete their degrees
- Coached a General Counsel whose department was experiencing 50% turnover in rebuilding the team with 0% turnover and the highest employee satisfaction in the organization
- Improved board governance by implementing term limits, conflict of interest clauses, and an emeritus board to transition out board members with conflicts
- Launched a wholly-owned subsidiary and turned it into a successful enterprise, replacing a line of business that was running a loss
- In-sourced key functions, increasing staff by 300% while reducing costs by 35% and improving cycle time and quality
- Facilitated large-scale change from mid-sized technology firms to a large manufacturing company, ensuring expected business results were achieved.
Selected Education, Training, and Certifications
- ESG Board Certification – Competent Boards
- Generating Transformative Change in Human Systems – Leadership Institute of Seattle / Bastyr University and Pacific Integral
- Transformative Coaching In Vertical Leadership Development
- Master’s certification – Ecosynomics/Organizational Vibrancy Assessment and Agreements Mapping