Patt Hardie is CEO and Managing Partner of The Hardie Group LLC firm based in Columbus, Ohio. Patt’s consulting focus is leadership and team performance. She is a leader-consultant with over 30 years’ experience in talent, leadership, and organizational development. Patt has a passion for creating optimum ways for integrating solutions and practices into the business with minimal disruption as an enabler to success. Her belief is that while every leader and team is unique, a significant aspect of any leader’s success is a combination of three connected factors: leader self-awareness/ development; team member self-awareness /development; and overall team performance. Patt is recognized for her collaborative, trusted partnerships; novel yet practical solutions aligned to business needs; and focus on improved performance for sustainable behavioral change. Her practice has helped hundreds of leaders at all levels and in all environments, from power plants to the C-Suite on multiple continents.
Prior to founding The Hardie Group LLC, Patt held senior leadership and consulting positions at Battelle Memorial Institute, Scotts MiracleGro, Ashland Inc., American Electric Power, OhioHealth, and Public Service Company of Oklahoma. In that time, she led Learning/OD consulting teams to build and implement learning frameworks/curricula and leadership development experiences, implement consistent global learning strategies, introduce new learning technology into businesses, launch a new corporate university, revitalize learning traditional brand to consultative approach; and transform organizational learning/career planning strategies. She has also personally coached over 200 leaders in 360o and development processes, and collaborated with leaders and coached teams for new leader assimilation, higher levels of team effectiveness, team conflict resolution, strategic visioning, goal setting, inter-team conflict resolution and goal clarity, and department culture transformation.
Consultant Areas of Expertise:
- Serve as a trusted advisor, credible strategist and influencer, and informed consultant to help leaders determine their needs/challenges to their desired state and develop timely, focused solutions for achieving their vision to enable results.
- Coach leaders to discover and become the best version of themselves they can be for themselves and others through assessment, feedback, development planning and intentional practice.
- Coach team members to discover and become the best version of themselves they can be for each other and their stakeholders through various tools including assessments, feedback, development planning, and intentional practice.
- Coach and facilitate teams to align resources and work masterfully together in collaboration with each other and with their key stakeholders. Design, and facilitate meaningful outcome-driven team dialogue; engaged, relevant team learning work experiences; efficient, collaborative problem-solving; and safe, accountable conflict resolution sessions integrated into meetings for teams, or 1-1.
- Coached over 200 mid-to senior-level leaders, and high-potential succession candidates in 360oassessment/development planning process as part of leadership development programs and succession processes. Tracked progress and provided ongoing coaching throughout the talent cycle. For some, the experience of receiving data and feedback was transformational.
- Coached an IT Account Manager team in improving relationships with their internal key stakeholders over a 6-month period using a personality profile tool. At the beginning of one scheduled meeting, a ‘crisis’ issue surfaced that needed immediate attention involving a key internal client and a senior IT partner who violated an agreement she made with the account team in communicating with a key stakeholder in the field. It was suggested to cancel the planned session to address the issue, yet instead of cancelling, they were coached to use the tools they learned to determine the best options to communicate and resolve the crisis and save relationships with all parties involved. They figured out what was needed quickly using the tools, deployed the best members to act, and were pleased with their outcome. At the conclusion of their dialogue, the director laughed and said “These tools really work, don’t they!”
- Consulted with a STEM Education/Philanthropy business team experiencing a number of issues keeping them from performing at a high level. In working with the vice president and team, several tools were used for self and team awareness to open dialogue about current state of the team dynamics and ideal state for team performance. Multiple short meetings were used to address all of the aspects of current teaming and create effective norms for moving forward with short assignments to practice new skills between sessions. Periodic check-ins were scheduled discuss how the norms were being assimilated.
- Coached two senior vice presidents in a high stakes conversation they planned to have with a client around a sensitive issue involving project team miscommunications from both organizations resulting in significant budget overruns. There were demands that needed to be met while maintaining a long-standing relationship with the client. Coaching support provided issue clarity and meeting outcome, client communication, meeting strategy, communication tools for high stakes conversations, and coaching with tools. Vice presidents achieved desired outcomes and believed the clients also were coached in similar manner making conversation more aligned than expected.
- Consulted with a vice president to design and facilitate an offsite planning meeting to review the operating plan for the new fiscal year and agree on the key focus areas to pursue to grow the business with his team. He also wanted to do some teambuilding and have fun since they were meeting in New Orleans and his team was virtually located around the country. The agenda was collaboratively designed to cover business overviews, key customer reviews, the key operating plan, business support for the plan, and the best way to process each part of the agenda and capture the dialogue and make/document decisions. Additionally, creative icebreakers and activities to align team culture with strategy were incorporated with NOLA themes to instill competitive spirit, innovative fun, and team bonding.
Selective Education, Training, and Certifications:
- B.A.C., Applied Speech Communication, Bowling Green State University
- M.A., Communication Consultancy, Oklahoma State University
- M.R.E., Religious Education, Loyola University, New Orleans
- Coach Certified in Marshall Goldsmith Stakeholder Centered Coaching; Team Coaching
- Certified – Korn Ferry Leadership Architect and Assessment of Leadership Potential
- Certified – Center for Creative Leadership Suite of Benchmark 360o tools
- Certified – PROSCI Change Management
- Certified – Pritchett Business as UnUsual/Employee Workshop for Organizational Change
- Certified – TRACOM Social Style and Resilient Mindset
- Certified – DDI Interaction Management Leadership Suite
- Certified – Vital Smarts Crucial Conversations
- Certified Facilitator for Master’s Degree Program – Loyola Institute of Ministry Extension (LIMEX), a facilitator-led, 4-year cohort-based program offered remotely world-wide, through Loyola University, New Orleans