Virginia Macali, JD, MS founded High Point Transitions in 1995 to support the process of change, learning and growth in individuals and businesses. As a Certified Integral Coach, Virginia is dedicated to the full development of leaders, managers and independent contributors in organizations. Virginia is a lawyer who holds a master’s degree in counseling and has worked with a wide variety of people in government, business, education, and non-profit organizations. Virginia provides coaching for Metcalf & Associates clients.
Virginia works from the premise that to work with greater effectiveness, authenticity and satisfaction requires working, living and practicing in new ways. Openings for transformation occur where challenging demands meet commitments to the organization’s mission; where the need to change meets resistance; where economic realities meet creative vision; where increased pressures meet activated capacity. It is here where the development of leaders is vital for success.
This development requires new practices such as self-observation in which we become accurate observers of ourselves, others and the situation at hand. It requires new distinctions of language that bring new understanding. This creates new possibilities for action. When transformation is embodied, the learning becomes natural and self-generating.
Leadership Coach Areas of Expertise:
- Leader Development
- Executive Coaching
- Women Executives
- Workshop Design and Delivery
- Coaching Coaches
- Increasing Awareness, Presence and Authenticity
- Accessing Internal and External Resources
- Wellness and Health
- Work-Life Balance
Leadership Coach Engagements and Accomplishments
Coach in major corporate transformation initiative. A leading life insurance firm wanted to plan for the future. They wanted to create flexibility and install innovative practices to enhance their future performance in a challenging environment. Over the course of two years, they experienced growth of 20-30%. We designed new practices to sustain that growth. The entire workforce of 2,500 learned new principles and practices of communication, coordination, and mobilization. The company completed 55 new projects incorporating the new practices. They exhibited a new performance-based culture and accomplished their goals.
- Designed, developed and facilitated Coaching Roundtables and seminars to provide professional and personal development to coaches, managers and independent contributors.
- International Coach Federation, Central Ohio Chapter, President
- International Coach Federation, member
- Served as reviewer for coach certification process.
- Mentored new coaches to successful achievement of coach certification.
- Wrote and published articles on work-life balance for professionals.
- Franklin University—adjunct faculty
- Columbus State Community College—adjunct faculty
- YWCA Leadership Luncheon Series Committee Member.
Selected Education, Training, and Certifications
- Capital University, JD; University of Dayton, MS; Wittenberg University, BA
- New Ventures West—Certified Integral Coach
- New Ventures West—Coaching to Excellence—Leader Certification
- Journeys of Wisdom—Certified Holistic Coach
- Sixth Discipline Facilitation Center—Master Facilitator Certification
- Certified in The Leadership Circle Profile, a 30 degree leadership survey which defines observable competencies that drive leadership success.
- Certified in The Leadership Circle Culture survey which measures how your leadership culture compares to that of other organizations.
- Skilled in The Enneagram, a type indicator that provides a path for developmental growth and better coordination with others.
- Licensed (Ohio) attorney