Guest: Mike McLellan
Season: 9 Episode: 15
Supply chain disruptions: they’ve been at the top of the list for leaders’ anxiety in nearly every sector for years. Will it ever get better?
Yes – if you’ve learned lessons from COVID and other supply chain disrupters. That’s the advice Mike McLellan has for leaders. A vice president of operations for DHL Supply Chain, Mike discusses the innovations DHL and others are implementing: from rapid responses to exoskeletons for warehouse workers. If your organization relies on supplies – and few organizations don’t – this is a must-listen episode!
Here’s what Mike and host Maureen Metcalf cover:
- How COVID-19 exposed weaknesses that had been brewing in the supply chain for years;
- Why having a single-source supplier looks great on the balance sheet, but is quite costly in reality; and
- The critical role of resilience for companies’ future survival.
Other episodes you’ll enjoy:
- Evolving Leadership to Navigate Disruption with Greg Moran
- Leading in Circles: The Inevitable Circular Economy with Christoph Hinske
- Are You Disrupting, or Being Disrupted? with Mark Kvamme
Topics:Global Leadership, New Economy, Research, VUCA and Disruption