Guest: Jacob Morgan
Season: 9 Episode: 42
There is strength in vulnerability. It sounds like a Zen master’s saying, but it’s a fundamental truth of today’s workplace: leaders who display vulnerability have greater success.
But there are five different aspects to vulnerability, and Jacob Morgan shares them with host Maureen Metcalf. The loud, short-tempered leader who pretends to know it all is outdated and now hinders the growth of organizations. Jacob helps build stronger connections within your team — and beyond.
Here’s what Jacob and Maureen cover:
- The common thread of vulnerability Jacob discovered interviewing 100 top CEOs;
- The big difference between being vulnerable and vulnerability; and
- The benefits of vulnerability for a leader’s personal growth, professional success, and building a thriving organization.
Other episodes you’ll enjoy:
- The Future Leader: Skills & Mindsets to Succeed in the Next Decade with Jacob Morgan
- Be Human, Lead Human with Jennifer Nash
- To Be Honest: Lead with the Power of Truth, Justice, & Purpose with Ron Carucci
Topics:Leadership Development, Leading with Care
vulnerable, vulnerability, resilience, oxytocin, futurist, integrity, authenticity, self-compassion, self-awareness, personal growth, professional success, thriving organization