Guest: Mansour Javidan
Season 9 Episode 41
What do getting a little drunk and meeting quarterly quotas have in common for leaders? They each build trust with your team — depending on what country you’re in!
Guest Mansour Javidan has studied the similarities — and differences — in effective leadership in cultures across the globe. He shares the results of his research in this episode…especially the common qualities you’ll need to be a great leader no matter where you are.
Here’s what Mansour and host Maureen Metcalf cover:
- The importance of crafting a story with your team, no matter what nation they’re in;
- The roots of trust, and why it’s a need hard-wired into our biology; and
- The universal traits of good leadership (plus a few fun differences!).
This episode is produced in partnership with the International Leadership Association: https://ilaglobalnetwork.org.
Other episodes you’ll enjoy:
- The Secret Code to Uncommon Leadership – with Ruchira Chaudhary
- Building Trust in Uncertainty: A Personal & Professional Journey – with Dr. Mary Jo Burchard
- Digital Body Language: How to Build Trust & Connection – with Erica Dhawan
Topics:Global Leadership, International Leadership Association, Leadership Development, Organizational Transformation, Team Effectiveness
GLOBE, trust, global leadership, international leadership, innovative leadership, diversity, ILA, culture, ASU, Thunderbird School of Global Management, Najafi Global Mindset Institute