Welcome to the Innovative Leadership Newsletter brought to you by the Innovative Leadership Institute, where we strive to bring you thought leaders and innovative ideas on leadership topics each week.
This week’s article is written by Raj Subrameyer, a tech career strategist who focuses on helping people land their dream job and become successful leaders. It is a companion piece to his interview on Innovating Leadership, Co-creating Our Future titled A Cure for Toxic Leadership that airs on June 28, 2022.
|Short clip from the interview:||
Link to the entire interview:
There is ONE THING that will set you apart from your competition in 2022
There are millions of jobs that have already been lost.
Thousand of businesses have already closed down.
So, a lot of people are looking for opportunities to start their next chapter.
That being said…
When there are thousands of people applying for the same job as you are,
-What is going to make you get that job?
-What will make you stand out from the rest of the crowd?
-What is going to make the company CHOOSE YOU over others?
The ANSWER IS: It is your PERSONAL BRAND.
It is different facets of you, that will eventually make the difference.
So, how do you build your personal brand in this highly competitive market?
Here are five things you want to do to build your personal brand and stand out from the crowd and 2022.
- The first thing is to grow your network, start following people engage in posts, attend meetups conferences.
- The second thing is continuous learning, read books, articles take courses.
- The third thing you want to do is be more visible. Start writing for publication, write blog posts, write articles, bit yourself for podcasts. That’s how you’re going to be more visible.
- The fourth thing you want to remember is to have clear vision goals and tasks. Because a goal without a plan is just rubbish.
- The final thing you want to do is invest in yourself. Hire coaches, get mentors, get a degree, because you have to be prepared to spend some money on your growth because you are worth it. You deserve it. And that’s how you’re going to stand out from the crowd.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Raj Subrameyer is a tech career strategist focusing on helping people to land their dream job and become successful leaders. He is passionate about guiding professionals to maximize their opportunities and discover their zone of genius. He has given multiple TEDx talks and is a sought-after speaker at various conferences and has been featured in numerous TV news segments, podcasts, and publications, including CBS, FOX, NPR, NBC, Entrepreneur, CIO Magazine, CEOWorld Magazine, Authority Magazine, Career Addict, Thrive Global, Addicted2Success and The Good Men Project. His areas of expertise include career advancement, leadership, motivation, productivity, and entrepreneurship. In his spare time, he loves traveling and enjoying craft beer. You can find more info about how he serves people through his website – www.rajsubra.com.
Ready to measure your leadership skills? Here is a free assessment provided by the Innovative Leadership Institute that will measure the 7 leadership skills required to succeed during disruption and innovation. Click HERE
If you completed the Leadership Mindset Assessment and want to explore additional resources to develop your leadership, we recommend you:
- Read the Forbes article Are You A Future-Ready Leader– free
- Purchase the short video course, Leading during Disruption, for $29
- Purchase a comprehensive online course ILI Leadership Mindset Program for $174.99
- Purchase a comprehensive leadership development program – see options in the Innovative Leadership Course Library
Are you ready to shift your career into high gear? Check out the Career Winners Circle’s epic free challenge: Affiliate Challenge link
Check out the companion interview and past episodes of Innovating Leadership, Co-creating Our Future via iTunes, TuneIn, Stitcher, Spotify, Amazon Music, Audible, iHeartRADIO, and NPR One. Also, stay up-to-date on new shows airing by following the Innovative Leadership Institute LinkedIn.